Lessons Learned from Running Indie Film Hustle
I wanted to put together this episode to share with the IFH Tribe the amazing lessons I've learned over the past year and a half running both IndieFilmHustle.com and the IFH Podcast. I wanted to show you how these lessons can be applied to your filmmaking or screenwriting journey.
When I started IFH I really had no end game. I knew I wanted to reach as many filmmakers and artists as I could but that was it. The key for me was just focusing on the day to day tasks and not the monstrous mountain I wanted to get to the top of. BTW, I'm nowhere near the top of that mountain, I'm still at the bottom at base camp =)
In this episodes I go into the 5 Lessons I used every day in my creative, professional and personal life. These are:
- How to React and Adjust
I break down each lesson and go deep down the rabbit hole on how you can apply these to you filmmaking and creative life. Enjoy and keep on hustlin'
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- This is Meg - Cinequest Tickets
- This is Meg - Official Site
- How to make a $1,000 Feature Film with Jay & Mark Duplass
- Joe Swanberg: How to Shoot & Sell Six Feature Films in a Year!
- Directing Actors Master Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Get Your Film on Netflix, Hulu & Amazon & Keep 100% off the Revenue - Distribber
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- Hans Zimmer Film Scoring MasterClass
- Kevin Spacey Acting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- INDIE FILM SYNDICATE Filmmaking Community
- IFH's Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: TOP TEN Online Filmmaking Courses
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked 6 Mistakes To Avoid Your First Day On a Film Set, take a look at this:
Enjoyed 6 Mistakes To Avoid Your First Day On a Film Set? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below...