Why I Edited My Feature Film on DaVinci Resolve
I've been editing features, shorts, commercial, and everything else shot on film or video for over 20 years. Editing on almost every non-linear editing system you can imagine I know what I want and like in an NLE. When it came time to edit my directorial feature film debut, This is Meg, I knew my good old Final Cut Pro 7 wouldn't cut it.
So I decide to give Davinci Resolve 12.5 a try. I've been color grading on Resolve for years and always jumped over the "edit tab" on my way to the color tab. Once version 12 came out I was blown away. So powerful, so intuitive and it just plain worked! I have to tell you,
"DaVinci Resolve is what all Final Cut X should've been."
The good folks over at Blackmagic Design invited me to speak at the Slamdance Film Festival 2017 to discuss my experience editing, color grading and finishing on Davinci Resolve. Enjoy!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Learn how to edit your film on Davinci Resolve
- FREE DOWNLOAD to Davinci Resolve
- BlackMagic Design
- Slamdance Film Festival
- Directing Actors Master Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Get Your Film on Netflix, Hulu & Amazon & Keep 100% off the Revenue - Distribber
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- Hans Zimmer Film Scoring MasterClass
- Kevin Spacey Acting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- INDIE FILM SYNDICATE Filmmaking Community
- IFH's Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: TOP TEN Online Filmmaking Courses
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked How to Make Prop Movie Money for Your Indie Film take a look at this:
Enjoyed How to Make Movie Money for Your Indie Film? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below...