Today’s guest cracked open a door to a part of the industry I had no idea about, television. Matthew Doyleis a television lit agent at the Verve Talent and Literary Agency.
He’s an up and comer in the industry and definitely a hustler. My co-host Sebastian Twardos and I wanted to get an “in the trenches” perceptive on the television market and Matthew delivered. He tells a great story on how he got promoted to an agent with a prank by the partners at Verve. Here’s a bit on Matthew Doyle:
Doyle joined in January as Verve’s first off-desk TV lit coordinator. He implemented a new system for information flow and tracking, redesigned current grids, and helped lead Verve to its most successful staffing season ever, with 80% of clients staffed on broadcast and cable shows. He has been an aggressive recruiter, interviewing and training new employees.
Worked with up-and-coming clients such as Arkasha Stevenson and Kirk Sullivan on the television side, and has played an important role in signing clients staffed on upcoming series such as “Pitch” and “Riverdale.” Challenges of the job? “Recognizing that everyone is the protagonist of their own story, and treating them accordingly,” Doyle says. – From Variety – 10 Assistants to Watch 2016
Enjoy our conversation with Matthew Doyle.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Verve Talent and Literary Agency
- Matthew Doyle – Linkedin
- Sebastian Twardosz
- Circus Road Films
- Media Circus PR
- Directing Actors Master Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Get Your Film on Netflix, Hulu & Amazon & Keep 100% off the Revenue – Distribber
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- Hans Zimmer Film Scoring MasterClass
- Kevin Spacey Acting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- INDIE FILM SYNDICATE Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: TOP TEN Online Filmmaking Courses
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- How to Become a Working Director MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro